Here at Register365 we are very excited to be sponsoring the Best Blog Post at this year’s Grafton Media Blog Awards! As the only category that is entirely decided upon by the public, it’s a chance for Ireland’s bloggers to get their name out there and win new fans and followers with their most prized piece of writing.
At launch of the awards last week, we were tasked with writing a blog using the words ‘THINK’ and ‘EXCITEMENT’ so here goes:
Register365 is all about getting online and starting a blog is one of the best ways to begin your foray into the world of the internet. If you ‘THINK’ you have a good idea for a blog, or you simply want to connect with other people online through writing then don’t waste time; get started!
Here are our top 11 tips for Bloggers:
- Keep the blog post as short as possible (just enough to make your point)
- Try to write in the first person if possible
- Avoid using technical/industry jargon (unless it is for a very technical audience)
- Keep it topical (where possible make your point using something that is topical)
- If the blog posts is taking more than half an hour to write then you are thinking about it too much!
- Always try to include a relevant visual – people love pictures!
- Blog as frequently as possible (at least once a week is a good target)
- Keep a note book (smart phone) to jot down ideas for blog posts – they will come to you at the strangest of times
- Optimise your keywords – if you want your blog post to be found try to work the important keywords (the ones that a typical user might use if they were searching on the topic) into the blog heading, the first paragraph and your keyword tags. Make sure you categorise your blog post once it is done.
- Include hyperlinks back to your relevant content – links to your website, links to the writers LinkedIn Account, links to other resources on the web
- Blogging is just the start – make sure you push it out through your social media channels to get value and generate EXCITEMENT for your work!
Best of luck to all the bloggers who have been nominated in the Best Blog Post and to all the nominees. We’re looking forward to the big event in October!
Sally & the team at Register365